Sunday, October 17, 2010

A lovely weekend for bike riding

Due to a magical combination of morning sickness, being gigantically pregnant, childbirth and the weather it’s been two years since I really rode my bike.  We were handed down a baby bike seat but it made me feel really tippy so we only took it out once. Last week we really lucked out and got a great deal on a used chariot trailer.   We’ve wanted one of these awesome Canadian “child transport systems” for a while and I’m glad we didn’t wait until spring as I think it will get lots of use before it starts snowing, especially if we get one of these cool bunting bags.




Rebecca and Ryan fixed up the bike, while I gave the new-to-us trailer a clean up and safety check.  So after two quick trips to the local bike shop to buy a missing piece and get my wheel realigned, we were set.  Rebecca might be the tiniest bike mechanic ever and was really disappointed that they wouldn't let her in the shop at cycle solutions.  Finding a new bike shop after moving is always a little worrisome but I have to say, these guys were great.  Very family friendly and helpful.


Finding a tiny toddler bike helmet was hard but she really likes her pink helmet from MEC.


We had a lovely time biking around the neighbourhood practicing big wide turns.  The leaves are really changing colour now and the sun was out and it was just a gorgeous autumn weekend in Toronto. I really wish Ryan would ride a bike as he really doesn't know what he's missing. Rebecca likes it so much she claps as we ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment